It hardly takes a minute to make this Parmesan substitute, yet the result is a great condiment that will keep for weeks in the refrigerator. Sprinkle it on salads, pastas, and cooked veggies.
- 1 cup pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts (see note)
- 1 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the texture is granular.
Yield: 1.5 cups
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator, Nut Parmesan will keep for 6 to 8 weeks.
- Different nuts yield different flavors. Miyoko’s favorite is pine nuts, but almonds and walnuts are also good. When using walnuts, take care not to over process or you’ll end up with nut butter.
- Barbara’s favorite is almonds (skinless), or a blend of the nuts on hand.Author: Barbara J Mathison, www.nutritiousway.org
Source: Artisan Vegan Cheese by Miyoko Schinner
View a video of Barbara demonstrating this video herself at: http://southernutahlive.com/video/The-New-You-Ep-6-2014-07-07?start=885